Saturday, November 22, 2014

Under Appreciated Male Coiffures, Part 1

Lately, I have become enchanted by the male pompadour.  While there are many variations on this classic style, the truly spectacular are few and far between.

I have tried to ascertain why I find the well done pompadour so attractive and am not completely sure of the answer.  Maybe it's best not to analyze it and just go with it.

Probably part of the reason is due to my love of David Beckham and his love of the hairstyle.  His mastery of the style is so revered that if you search "pompadour" in Google images, he has his own section.



Source

Another part is likely due to the fact that the style exudes confidence.  I have found that while everyone has moments of insecurity, I like those who are self-assured.  While there is a fine line between confident and cocky, I do enjoy a bit of bravado.  If the pompadour could talk, I think it would say, "take me or leave me, but you certainly can't ignore me."

Lest you think that my adoration of this hairstyle is only blog talk, rest assured that I am just as effusive in person.  I came across a wonderful pompadour in the wild just a couple of weeks ago.  I was out with friends and saw a guy with a great one and was transfixed.  After telling my friends how enthralled I was by his hair, I had to take action.  On our way out, I stopped and said something to the effect of, "I just wanted to tell you that your hair is amazing."  He simply thanked me and said, "Cheers."

I will leave you with one of my favorite Bastille songs.  It seemed appropriate since the lead singer, Dan Smith, has been known to rock a pompadour:

1 comment: