Friday, April 17, 2015

Pilates is hard...

Whenever you see pictures of people doing Pilates, they look something like this:
 
While I'd like to delude myself into thinking that I look that elegant, my gym's group fitness rooms have mirrors so I know better.  It usually looks more like this (except way less toned):
 
Because here's the thing: Pilates is not easy.  If you've ever watched someone do Pilates, you may have been fooled into thinking that it's a cinch.  I mean, there are rarely any weights involved, no running or plyometrics, how hard can it be?  And yet it is, although a different kind of difficult.

Your core is the focal point, and let me tell you, your abs get tired.  Thankfully, it's not that noticeable if you take a short break since you're usually already sitting or lying on your mat...  But then get right back to it, because as Miguel said, "Pilates and milk did that body so good."

No comments:

Post a Comment